Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Carol

My roses are red, my politics - reddish blue.
My children - all girls, my religion is Jew.
You’ll find me still kicking after all I’ve been through.
Please try not to judge me if I’m not like you.

I have lots of friends, but trust just a few.
We don’t all think the same. I have my own view.
I am pretty smart, and I think you are too.
We’re all stuck here together because friendship is glue. 

'Tis the season of peace and the festival of light.
Let's put down our egos and hold each other tight.
It's okay to back down even when you are right.
Or just shut the fuck up if you still want to fight.

In the end, it won’t matter. I promise, it’s true,
If you’re black or white, yellow, green, red or blue,
Or who won the spelling bee or first chair in kazoo,
Who had the strongest religion or political view. 

All that will matter, I promise, it’s true,
Is the love you emit and permit back to you. 

We have only one life, so let's get this right. 
Happy holidays to all, and to all a good night!





No comments:

Post a Comment