Thursday, June 6, 2013

The Tombstone

I am insulted when people try to fix me. Especially when I haven't asked for assistance in correcting whatever they believe to be the error in my ways.  It took me many years to be confortable with myself and my unique opinions, feelings and beliefs. I hate to quote Popeye, but I am what I am. I want this on my tombstone.  Well, maybe "I was what I was."  My views are my own, they are very personal, and although I am interested in hearing what others have to say, if their agenda is to change me, I tend to either shut down or put my dukes up.  Many years ago I had an argument I will never forget. On this occasion, with musicians. As usual, I was outnumbered physically, not mentally, and evidently, I lost. I still however, to this day, firmly believe with all my heart:  There is no right or wrong in air guitar!!!  Put that on my tombstone too.  Along with "You may now feel free to fix me."

No comments:

Post a Comment