Monday, March 10, 2014

Spring Break

My 18 year old is off to South Padre Island for Spring Break. As this is her first big road trip that she has actually told me about, I wanted to give her parenting advice that she would listen to, without getting upset with me.

Now, pay attention parents:

Incorporating stupid little emojis in a text message will miraculously transform your annoying and condescending message into an adorable fun-filled message.  She read my entire message:



To which she replied (emoji included):



Mission accomplished!

Learn to speak the language of this new strange generation. And they will listen. 

And that being said, listening and doing are sadly two different things. When I was 18, I was on the road to California. Because I thought I was Jack Karouak.  FML. 

I am now left with nothing more than my "Karma is a Bitch" emoji. 

And perhaps this one too. 



Wishing you and your kids a fun and safe spring break, and don't forget to talk to your children, not at them. They just may listen.  







1 comment: