Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Dark

Sometimes I fall in. There's a very dark place that women go when things become unbearable.  We tend to lay down our bedazzled sword and let the darkness envelop us as we protectively detach ourselves, stare through hollow eyes and go on with our day.  You can tell so much about a person if you look into their eyes.  If you look close enough you can tell when someone is devoid of life. Perhaps that is why women wear sunglasses.  It's not that they don't want people to know who they are. They don't want people to know where they are. I don't have very good mornings.  I put a smile on my face and wear my sunglasses every morning into the office.  People on the elevator jokingly ask me if I'm a movie star.  I reply in a serious voice, "Yes, I am."  So then I get to start my day pretending I'm Angelina Jolie, pre adoption spree and double mastectomy.  And I start to climb out.

No comments:

Post a Comment